Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Distractions

According to Webster the meaning of Distractions is:
  1. A thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else.
  2. A diversion or recreation."
 So what are some things that can cause distractions:
• Horseplay
• Life- stress, anxiety
• Sleep deprivation
• Illness
• Friends/Family
• Problems at home
• Yourself
• Visitors

Any number of things can cause someone to be distracted from any number of things. For the last month (maybe a little under a month) I have been distracted by a number of things. Now all distraction aren't bad, some can be really great like:
  • keeping yourself busy to keep from eating
  • change of scenery 
  • talking to a friend to take your mind off of other things
  • family
  and some can cause unwanted stress and anxiety. But whatever the reason my focus has been taken off from my weight loss and for the past few days I've been trying to figure out how to get refocused. I haven't stopped working out, in fact I'm working out more now than I have been in the past. My eating hasn't been horrible (I have eaten out more lately.... Ive stayed w/in my calorie count) but I haven't been making the best decisions regarding eating either. I've been eating more carbs and processed foods than I have in a while.
All this combined with the fact that I'm not gonna hit a goal I set for myself (my goal was to be in the 320's by tomorrow... but i'm 8 pounds shy) can also be a distraction (a few months back i would have set it would have been a road block and a reason to quit but that was the old me).

So what did I do this morning... I started over, set a new goal  and looked a everything I have been doing the last month and realized, yes things have been distracting me but they aren't bad.. I just need to learn to balance life and prioritize whats important to me and make sure that those things are getting done correctly, and first...then do everything else. With a little balance everything evens out and life is good :-D  as some would say you can have your cake and eat it too (I'd say have your Apple and eat it too lol :) )
My new goal is to be 213 by sept. 28th... thats 25 pounds in 38 days.. thats around 0.6 pounds a day I need to lose. (tall order but I can do it )

So in started over... I trashed what little processed foods I had and got fresh, green products. I started my insanity month 2 week 2 over (because I have been half assing it all week and that doesn't fly with me lol ) and pushed play and dug deeper
 (gotta love Shaun T :-) ) and I remembered all the reason why I was on this journey in the first place: to become a Happier, Healthier me!!!

Some words of advice and encouragement from the amazing and hot!!! Bob Harper:
love this shirt :-D

Believe in yourself, trust the process, change forever.
-Bob

"The past does not define you, the present does."
-Bob

"This is where it matters the most. This is where lives are made, in these moments when you choose whether or not to say "I can't" or "I can."
-Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment